Here’s something that you should already know: the economy is unstable. It is very prone to a crisis that can send a lot of people into financial turmoil.
If you are reading this and your financial future is not secure, then you need to have a rethink.
No need to panic though. Even in the face of an uncertain future, there is still something that is sure to help in securing your investments and retirement money.
It is called Gold IRA investing.
What is Gold IRA Investing?
A gold IRA or precious metals IRA is an Individual Retirement Account in which physical gold or other approved precious metals are held in custody for the benefit of the IRA account owner/investor.
It functions the same as a regular IRA, only instead of holding paper – based assets such as cash, stocks and bonds, it allows the investor to own physical gold, silver, platinum and palladium. It holds physical bullion coins or bars.
Why you should Invest in Gold IRA
So you have worked hard all through the years and made a substantial amount of money, as retirement looms close, you decide to invest your money so that your latter years are not empty.
However, you choose to invest in the stock market. Unfortunately, inflation affects the market and all the money goes down the drain. Voila, there comes a fear of your retirement future as it is no longer secure.
Sadly, this is the scenario that a lot of people are faced with.
Making sound investment decisions with your retirement plan can be tasking when faced with a lot of options but it is important to go for a plan that won’t be controlled by a fluctuating economy.
As an investor looking to diversify your retirement portfolio, Gold IRA rollover should appeal to you, especially as traditional and Roth IRAs invested in stocks or mutual funds are vulnerable to inflation. According to research by experts, gold prices generally move in the opposite direction of paper assets. This proves that adding a gold IRA to a retirement portfolio provides an insurance policy against inflation.
It is, therefore, a smart choice for retirement investments like IRAs as it smoothes out long term risks.
Gold is a very precious metal. Stocks and shares could collapse with any economic downturn but with Gold, this is not the case. Gold is, and always will be, a metal whose usefulness can never wear out. It is really important for a variety of reasons:
Traditionally, there are cultures in several countries that place a lot of value on gold because of its consistent use in their temples. It is very common to see their gods made out of this precious metal.
The value of a commodity depends on its availability. Investing in gold that is not readily available in some parts of the world makes it more worth investing in. Buyers will be willing to pay enough for it as they don’t really have a lot of options.
Apart from this, gold retains its importance as the most frequently used metal for jewelry. There can never be a total decline in demand for this precious metal.
One more thing about gold is that it is used in virtually every sophisticated device being manufactured in recent years including cell phones, computers, and global positioning devices (GPS).
So, can you guess the best thing about Gold? It cannot be manufactured!
Important things to note
For a gold IRA, you need a broker (to buy the gold) and a custodian to create and administer the account. This company will store or hold your actual gold.
It is your responsibility as the investor to select your dealers, not that of your custodian. However, established custodians have relationships with several hundred metals dealers throughout the country and may be willing share that list.
Investors have many gold IRA choices. Choosing which company to use is complicated, as it is a specialized task that major brokerage firms generally don’t offer.
Therefore, there are a lot of essential criterions you should look out for in the company you plan to form a life-long partnership with involving all your retirement savings.
It is a really big deal, you know. Such criteria should include:
Reviews of a company are very important. They help you to determine how satisfied their past clients have been with their services.
It will be very helpful for you to do a research on what customers have said about a company you wish to work with, especially if there were any complaints and how many they have been over the years of their existence. Do not just go for any review anywhere though.
There are standard third parties such as the Business Consumer Alliance that give reliable details on consumer satisfaction based on various companies.
Dedicated to meeting your needs
It is not surprising to note that there are companies who would rather push selfishly for a bargain than try to meet up to the standard of what you desire from them. This should not be the case. Every investor has their different goals and needs, therefore your wishes should be first at all times, provided it is a sound decision.
Unfortunately, there have been events of investors having to pay way more than they actually bargained for at the beginning with their companies. This is due to a lot of hidden charges after they become investors.
You are very much prone to this as well. This is why it is very important for you to know every single cost involved in your investments before making any commitment. It is not wrong to ask for these details.
How awful would it be if what you saw as huge benefits from your retirement investment began to be wiped away under the guise of fees you never knew anything about, to begin with? No one appreciates such a nasty surprise.
Large and satisfied client base
You will benefit from the experience it has operating in a variety of situations. A company that knows its business allow you to select the proper portfolio blend to cope with your particular desires, instances and concerns.
Recognize the distinction among the “client-orientated” and “customer-oriented” gold corporations.
The client-oriented are the ones that pay attention to their client’s needs, as opposed to the customer-oriented companies.
Firms with flat annual fees
Go for a gold firm with flat annual charges, rather than businesses who have a scaled price version that grows with the account length.
This is particularly true for medium and big investors; and people planning to grow their account size over the years. There are some gold companies that charge a lot of extra thousands of money per year for large accounts.
Who to work with
Now that you have decided to invest in gold, here comes the tricky part: getting a reliable gold company to work with.
Based on various criterion and research on the policies that are used when associating with their clients, we have done a comprehensive review of the top Gold IRA companies here.
We hope you will make the best decision in your investment after reading this guide.
So, Why Regal Assets?
- At Regal Assets, it is not just the norm to rush through your discussions with the sole intent of getting you to invest with them and give them profits. Your opinion counts. They will put you through all the kinks associated with your investment decisions, until you begin to feel like you have always been an expert in Gold IRA investments.
- They possess all the necessary qualifications. As a company, they have all the appropriate and required licenses, registrations, insurance and bonds to protect your investment. This is why it is very appropriate to make them your choice. Any client that wishes to ask for verification of those licenses and other information will be replied accordingly. This is also proof of transparency.
- Trustworthiness is their watchword. There has never been a case of Regal Assets stealing from their customer’s accounts or committing fraud by selling their precious metals. They make sure that every financial transaction is insured.
- As gold is a much sought after metal, there are lots of opportunists prowling the market and starting up gold firms that often close their doors as quickly as they were opened. This is not so with Regal Assets. It has been in existence for close to 15 years and has definitely seen both good and bad times in the gold market. This longevity not only shows commitment to gold ownership, but also that it is well acquainted with whatever situation that may crop up at any point in time. Need I tell you that this is solid proof of the safety of your investment?
- This is possibly the best thing about Regal Assets. What am I referring to? Ratings! Regal Assets stands out as being the only gold IRA Company with an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau, 500+ five star ratings from TrustLink and an AAA rating from the Business Consumer Alliance. This shows a company with very high standards in professionalism, expertise and overall customer satisfaction.